[jdom-interest] Any ideas? Document/File modification link ...

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Sun Jun 30 22:49:14 PDT 2002

The way I did this on another project was the cache class would check on
access whether the backing data (the file) had changed, and if so
refresh itself before returning its data.  The cache held an internal
timer for how often it should check, so if the last check was within X
then it wouldn't bother.

Seems odd to me to extend File for this, since File in Java doesn't
really have any idea about its contents.  The File could use a timer to
poll, but then if the cache isn't actively used the file's still pinging
the filesystem every so often needlessly.

-jh-