[jdom-interest] Tranforming   into hatted A

Rolland Crunk rc at crunk.net
Sun Mar 17 21:08:02 PST 2002

No I don't think it is a JAXP issue. I am not currently using JAXP in the same
application I am using JDOM. I am still on JDOM b6 as I discovered the same
problem when I moved to b7 (from the JDOM CVS source a few days before b8
was announced, so it may be somewhere in between).  Being bandwidth limited,
I simply backed down to b6 and didn't dig into the code to find out what 
was wrong.
The hatted As appeared when rendering a MSWord produced html source document
translated through JTIDY and contained a series of nbsp.


At 08:42 PM 3/17/02 -0800, David M. Karr wrote:

>In my environment, using JDOM/JAXP, I'm finding that nothing I do to try 
>to set
>the output encoding to "iso-8859-1" has any effect on the character 
>encoding of
>my output document.  I have a feeling this is just a JAXP issue, and not with
>JDOM, however.  I was able to get these characters to view correctly in the
>browser by changing the browser to UTF-8 (your thing 1), but things 2 and 
>3 had
>no effect on the output document or how it views in the browser (when the
>browser is using "auto-detect" or "iso-8859-1").
>I'm going to proceed with building a JAXP-only test case for this.
>David M. Karr          ; Java/J2EE/XML/Unix/C++
>dmkarr at earthlink.net
>To control your jdom-interest membership:

More information about the jdom-interest mailing list