[jdom-interest] A utility Element subclass and a request for API extension

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Sat Mar 23 13:21:54 PST 2002

> Eventually, you will simply write one class that handles all
> the conversions for you.  At that point you will end up
> asking yourself: why do I have to create this utility class
> to handle native types?

Why doesn't someone who feels strongly about this do what Alex Rosen
started(and abandoned because of how many methods were required).  Put
together a utility class with static methods and add it to JDOM contrib.  If
it turns out people are constantly using it, it may make more sense to me to
add it to the core.  If not, it would still be useful to those who like the
idea.