[jdom-interest] [Q]Problem at the search JDOM with JaxenXPath

Itoh, Kazuhiro kazuhiro-i at kajima.com
Thu Nov 7 02:55:41 PST 2002

Dear All
This is kazuhiro from Japan.
Now I am trying to develop the System with Xindice, JDom and JaxenXPath.
I met the trouble at XPath search with Namespace.
Source code fragment is here.

--------------------- start ----------------------------
      while(results.hasMoreResources()) {
        Resource res = results.nextResource();
        if (res.getResourceType().equals("XMLResource")) {
          XMLResource xmlres = (XMLResource)res;
          org.w3c.dom.Node root = xmlres.getContentAsDOM();
          org.w3c.dom.Document dom = root.getOwnerDocument();
          jdom = builder.build(dom);
          //Create Jaxen
          xpath = new JDOMXPath("/M7:problem/@M7:description");
          xpath.addNamespace(prefix, url);
          //
          elm = (Element)xpath.selectSingleNode(jdom);
          System.out.println(" : " + elm.getTextTrim());
          /*
          org.w3c.dom.Node desc =
            org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.selectSingleNode
            (root, "M7:problem/M7:description", root);
          System.out.println("Description :" +
            desc.getFirstChild().getNodeValue().trim());
          */
--------------------- End -------------------------------------
XPath w/o namespace works well. But XPath w/ namespace dose not work
well.
Is there any bug using JaxenXPath.
Yes I understand this is the JDom world. But I got Jaxen from this
mailing-list.
Please show me any resolution.

P.S.
The comment-out code works well.