[jdom-interest] Well I've been FAQed

Gordon Tyler gordon.tyler at sitraka.com
Fri Nov 8 08:22:47 PST 2002

Doug Robinson wrote:
> Hello
> 	As a newcommer to jdom I am stumbling around through the simplest things.
> e.g.I run my test program and get thin message:
>  java -jar MyMail.jar
> org/jdom/JDOMException
>         at MyMail.MyMail.init(MyMail.java:13)
>         at MyMail.MyMail.main(MyMail.java:31)

Observe the following in the java executable documentation:

Using the -jar command makes java ignore all other classpath settings
except what is specified in the JAR's manifest file.

What I would recommend that you do is put all the JARs that MyMail.jar
requires in the same directory and add the following to MyMail.jar's

Class-Path: xerces.jar jdom.jar

See the following for more information about the format of the JAR manifest:

Gordon Tyler
Software Developer, R&D
Sitraka -- Performance is Mission Critical