[jdom-interest] JDOMSource and Oracle TRAX implementation

Kevin Roast kevin.roast at activiti.com
Wed Nov 13 04:18:26 PST 2002

I am currently trying to use JDOM with the Oracle XSLT TRAX
implementation. My issue is that I get a weird "class cast" exception
when passing in the JDOMSource adaptor object to the Oracle XSLT
transformer implementation thus:

	// get transformer instance
	m_transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer(
strXSL );
      // create JDOM result object
      JDOMResult result = new JDOMResult();
      // create JDOM wrapped DOM source
      JDOMSource source = new JDOMSource(doc);   // "doc" is my JDOM
Document object
      // perform the transformation
      m_transformer.transform(source, result);

The error received is:

This works fine if I switch back to the Xalan TRAX implementation
instead of Oracle. It also works fine if I use a simple XML String
stream source object instead of a JDOM wrapper.

Does anyone know why I would receive this error using JDOM?
I really don't want to stop using JDOM because of this as I find it MUCH
nicer than the org.w3c DOM classes but we need the performance of the
Oracle engine (nearly 3 x faster than Xalan in our tests.)