[jdom-interest] how to find a node with maxest attribute in xml file use xpath?

John L. Webber - Jentro AG John.Webber at jentro.com
Wed Nov 13 23:37:56 PST 2002

This is really a Java problem, not a JDOM problem. There are a number of
approaches that could work. You basically need to go through all the AAA
elements and parse the values of the id attributes. org.jdom.Attribute
has a utility method, getIntValue() that might help.

John

glliu wrote:
> Hi,
>       I use jdom to reading and writing to XML files.and I need help on
> the following problem.  Any suggestions?
>
>   Thanks in Advance.
>   glliu
>

> xml files:
>
>     <A>
>       <AAA id="001">
>       <AAA id="004">
>       <AAA id="023">
>       <AAA id="098">
>       <AAA id="002">
>     <A>
>
> how can I find the node with maxest id attribute?here is <AAA id="098">.

 Jentro AG
 John L. Webber, Software Development
 Peter-Henlein-Strasse 28, 85540 Haar/Munich, Germany
 Tel. +49 89 462 385 0     mailto:John.Webber at jentro.com
 Fax  +49 89 462 385 29    http://www.jentro.com