AW: [jdom-interest] Hyperlink in PDF

Hirschmann, Bernhard Bernhard.Hirschmann at
Mon Oct 7 05:36:03 PDT 2002

I just realized that this is the wrong addres for that subject - sorry.

Anyway :) - thanks Eric, that's right, this makes the transformation. But I
can't see how a hyperlink is generated into the PDF document.

To be more concrete: I need to have a link in the PDF, so I can click on it
the Acrobat Reader. As the result, a browser window should appear with the
linked URL. I know that this is possible with PDFs. But is it possible to
make such links in a PDF without the Arcobat Writer/Distiller?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Hartmann
Sent: Montag, 7. Oktober 2002 14:28
To: jdom-interest at
Subject: RE: [jdom-interest] Hyperlink in PDF

Perhaps, the question is the ability to use FOP and JDom so the answer
is yes :

    public static final void generatePDF(org.jdom.Document document,
Templates template, OutputStream out) throws FOPException,
TransformerConfigurationException, SAXException {
        XMLFilter xmlFilter =  ((SAXTransformerFactory)
        Driver driver = new Driver();
        driver.render(xmlFilter, (new

PS. Very sorry Bob, I've just use a Reply and I realize that I send it
twice to you.