[jdom-interest] Converting Java Objects to XML

Jeff Martin jeff at reportmill.com
Fri Oct 11 12:02:53 PDT 2002

I've written a great Java class (RMXMLWriter) that I invite you all to
try out that turns any Java object (or object graph) into a complete
XML description - including support for circular references, subclasses
and more (only 600 lines!):

I would love to hear comments about it, or comments about my
observations on that web page. I'm new to XML - I would even love to
hear if I'm getting this stuff all wrong. At some point, I can release
RMXMLReader, too - but right now it leverages a bit of code from the
rest of my project.

In my opinion, this might make a good addition to JDOM.