[jdom-interest] Converting Java Objects to XML

Grinvald, Edward Edward.Grinvald at ca.com
Fri Oct 11 13:13:27 PDT 2002

How is it different from Castor (www.exolab.org)?

Thank You,

Edward Grinvald
Computer Associates International
Programmer, Storage Development
Edward.Grinvald at ca.com
(631) 342 6350

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Martin [mailto:jeff at reportmill.com]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 3:03 PM
To: jdom-interest at jdom.org
Subject: [jdom-interest] Converting Java Objects to XML

I've written a great Java class (RMXMLWriter) that I invite you all to
try out that turns any Java object (or object graph) into a complete
XML description - including support for circular references, subclasses
and more (only 600 lines!):

	http://reportmill.com/xml

I would love to hear comments about it, or comments about my
observations on that web page. I'm new to XML - I would even love to
hear if I'm getting this stuff all wrong. At some point, I can release
RMXMLReader, too - but right now it leverages a bit of code from the
rest of my project.

In my opinion, this might make a good addition to JDOM.

jeff
214.513.1636