[jdom-interest] Turning of entity expansion

Philip Nelson panmanphil at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 21:33:03 PDT 2002

Alex is right I think.  Isn't it also on the the todo list to determine if
there could be a way to be able to do a better job of round tripping character
entities?  Possibly not because the cost would be too high but I think most of
us agreed that would be our choice if it were possible to do without to great a
performance penalty.

For the original poster of the question, character entities are not expanded by
JDOM at all.  They are expanded by the parser before JDOM ever "sees" them.  So
to keep your original character entities intact, you would have to address this
(in some way that I can't answer) by tweaking the parser you use.