[jdom-interest] RE: JDOM and Garbage Collection

PJ.Fanning at polarlake.com PJ.Fanning at polarlake.com
Wed Sep 18 08:16:41 PDT 2002

I am using Sun's JDK1.3.1_04 and its garbage collection is far from perfect.
With a complex set of interlinked objects like a JDOM Document, it
occasionally fails to collect a dereferenced Document completely and this
then gets put into a part of memory reserved for long-term objects. The
garbage collector should eventually get around to cleaning this up but it
can take a long time.
I am using a version of JDOM built from CVS about 3/4 weeks after ther beta8
release (and which uses the TextBuffer in the SAXHandler).