[jdom-interest] Weird test failures

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sat Apr 5 16:57:20 PST 2003

On Mac OS X with Java 1.4.1, I've seen four tests failing because
there's no addContent(CDATA) method in Element. This shouldn't matter
because there is an addContent(Text) method and CDATA extends Text.
Even more confusingly, the same tests pass on Linux. I'm willing to
chalk this up to a bug in Apple's VM, but does anyone have any idea
what might be going on? I've searched my classpath and ext
directories for old copies of JDOM and haven't found anything. I
can't imagine what else this might be.

|           Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)          |
|              http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava             |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA  |