[jdom-interest] Toward beta 9

Philip Nelson panmanphil at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 07:54:10 PDT 2003

--- Philip Nelson <panmanphil at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here a diff of SAXHandler to try.  This only helps with the building problem
> where characters already validated are validated again.

This will have to wait.  Brad, I think what you ran across is a problem with
serializing inner classes.  Basically, it doesn't work and Sun strongly
recommends not doing it.  So, options might be
- make the subclasses visible (yuck)
- drop serialization support (ok I'm not serious)
- create a defaultjdomfactory in the same namespace as the nodes that wouldn't
require subclasses (but would make it easy for anybody to skip verification)
- implement a custom serialization technique that is subclassing friendly

of course the last brings to mind Dennis Sosnoski's proposal.