[jdom-interest] problem with xpath

prashant sharma prash_sharma at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 14:59:22 PDT 2003

Hi,
  I am having a problem getting an element from a document based upon the namespace. The document looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<Workspace>
 <RetrieveLocationInfoByAddressRequest>
  <Address>
   <house_number>8000</house_number>
  </Address>
 </RetrieveLocationInfoByAddressRequest>
 <GetLocationInfo>
  <Reply>
   <ns1:asonReplyMessage0000_MSG xmlns:ns1="http://www.omg.org/IDL-MAPPED">
    <ns1:e911Sur>O9</ns1:e911Sur>
    <ns1:e911Exempt>EX</ns1:e911Exempt>
    <ns1:e911Nrg></ns1:e911Nrg>
    <ns1:operSur4Ind></ns1:operSur4Ind>
   </ns1:asonReplyMessage0000_MSG>
  </Reply>
 </GetLocationInfo>
</Workspace>

I want to get the element ns1:asonReplyMessage0000_MSG. I was using xpath explorer to find out the xpath expression of the elements and xpath explorer gives the xpath expression as /Workspace/GetLocationInfo/Reply/ns1:asonReplyMessage0000_MSG. When I use this xpath expression in my code, it doesn't returns any element from the document. What am I doing wrong. Maybe I am not specifying the xpath expression correctly. Can someone help me.

thanks
Prashant