[jdom-interest] XmlOutputter - printNamespace - NO_NAMESPACE outputs xmlns="", bug?

Rolf Lear rlear at algorithmics.com
Thu Jul 3 10:11:41 PDT 2003

<jest xmlns="http://humour.net/">
Phill wrote ...
".... I use JDOM as a persistence mechanism for my Java Applications and
there is not a single namespace in any one of the documents and I don't want
to have to add one when I ...."

and I say:

"Well, every root element in every document you have is in a namespace...
every one is in xmlns="", only you just have not taken notice of that....
Further, you have added a namespace to every element in every document, only
you did not know that you were doing it. And even stranger yet, when you had
a look at the XML results of your document, you did not see the namespace
even though it clearly was there!"

Rolf

</jest>