[jdom-interest] Default Namespace vs No-Namespace.

John Jefferson surfer97301 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 17:10:07 PDT 2003

Thanks for all the dialog!!, I think I have a good
unstanding of the situation now.

Basicially the design decision that all elements know
which namespace they belong to at all times prevents
you from using some features of namespace inheritance?

I mean, forgetting how jdom works for a moment, if I
have a document with no namespacing and then I want to
make all elements adher to a namespace then all that I
have to do is add xmlns="mynamespace" to the root
element using a text editor and all children will then
inherit this namespace.

In order to do this in jdom, I'd have to iterate
though the entire set of nodes and set each node to
the given namespace.

I do understand your points and I don't have a good
solution on how to solve this, I suppose it is just
frustrating that what I can do with a text editor with
a single node change I can not do with jdom without
modifying the source.

Jdom is a nice piece of work, thanks for all the hard
work!

JJ