[jdom-interest] Error validating schema - can't find xerces parser

lanikfs at cox.net lanikfs at cox.net
Wed Jul 9 16:34:03 PDT 2003

I'll probably kick myself once I find out what I'm doing wrong but I need some help.

I'm using JDOM to validate against a schema and I'm specifying the xerces parser in the SAXBuilder constructor.

I have the latest xerces lib.  I'm using Oracle JDeveloper and am including it in the library list.

At runtime, when the SAXBuilder constructor is called, I keep getting an error message saying:

Could not load org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

Is there something I'm missing?  Has anyone else run into this problem before?