[jdom-interest] using JDOM in IBM Websphere Application Server 4.0.5

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Fri Jul 11 15:48:27 PDT 2003

Why must every server vendor expose a different set of classes to the
servlet environment?  It's a portability nightmare!  The servlet spec
discourages this practice, but doesn't prohibit it.  I think they should
prohibit it.  If you can't add classes to the JDK, why should you add
classes to the servlet runtime?

-jh-