[jdom-interest] new element methods?

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Jul 17 03:15:44 PDT 2003

At 8:00 AM +0100 7/17/03, Phill_Perryman at Mitel.COM wrote:
I would agree if it were not for the fact that JDOM already has
several convienience methods already, so if JDOM is prepared to have
convenience methods then why not these.

In my opinion, JDOM has too many such methods already. However, the
fact is every method you add makes the problem worse. Again, in
isolation there's no problem with any of the methods you propose.
Considered with he effect on the rest of the API though, it's a
rapidly growing disaster. Everyone has their own favorite convenience
methods. We simply can't provide or support them all, and if we
tried, it would just make JDOM way too bulky and unwieldy to learn
and use.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
   http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA