[jdom-interest] XHTML issues

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Thu Jul 24 16:56:08 PDT 2003

Yes, but a more complete answer is you want to just include these
characters as regular Unicode characters.  Then if you output with UTF-8
they'll write directly without needing to be escaped.  If you output in
ASCII or 8859-1 then the default escape strategy will handle their
escaping for you.  Only if you're using a funky encoding will you need
to worry about setting up an escape strategy.

Bottom line: Just include the characters as characters and it'll
probably work, assuming you're using the latest CVS code.

-jh-