[jdom-interest] Processing SOAP Document

Alex Rosen arosen at novell.com
Fri Jul 25 06:00:32 PDT 2003

There's no facility for this in JDOM. Sounds like a good idea for a
separate project (a SOAP layer on top of JDOM).

Alex

>>> "Koller, Shmuel" <Shmuel_Koller at bmc.com> 7/24/2003 2:36:29 PM >>>
In processing a SOAP response inside SOAP client with JDOM -
I have at hand a org.jdom.Document which is a whole SoapEnvelope..

Rather than query for rootElement("Envelope"),
then getting to expected getChild("Body"), etc. -
is there a more convenient JDOM way to traverse a SOAP document ?

What I mean - is there a way to superimpose SoapEnvelope model on a
given
doc
and for example use a JDOM method to "get to the SOAP Body"?
Or use a JDOM method (other than validation) to confirm Document is a
valid
SOAP release x.x  ?

Yes, SOAP is a particular schema, yet -
this concern is emmited by the fact that SOAP (Message style, not RPC)
documents are,  or likely to be, popular.

Thanks, Shmuel Koller, BMC