[jdom-interest] jar version info?

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Mon Jul 28 12:48:54 PDT 2003

 From the MANIFEST.MF CVS log:

revision 1.5
date: 2002/02/06 13:40:05;  author: jhunter;  state: Exp;  lines: +0 -2
Changed the MANIFEST.MF to no longer list Xerces in the Class-Path entry,
nor to have JDOMAbout as its Main-Class.  This helps applet deployment
because the browser will no longer automatically try to pull xerces.jar
from the server.  The downside is that now if you run

java -jar jdom.jar

you won't get any output.  But if you run "java JDOMAbout" you will, so
that's cool.  No one probably typed "java -jar jdom.jar" anyway and this
was always more of a cool demo than anything else.  We'd talked about
having the file just read a plain text file so we didn't need Xerces in
the path, but I think it's better to give up the "java -jar" functionality
than to give up the XML parsing functionality.

-jh-