[jdom-interest] JDOM Performance

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Thu Jun 5 12:56:29 PDT 2003

Yup, that's out of date. The results actually haven't changed by a lot
since then, though I think JDOM has improved on speed. I ran a recent
set of tests using updated code, but found out afterward that I need to
enable an option so JDOM will reuse the same parser rather than
constructing a new one for each document. I'll try again soon with this
option enabled. It looks like JDOM is now close to dom4j on speed,
though still about 20-25% bulkier in memory usage for my tests.

  - Dennis