[jdom-interest] parsing very small xml docs

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Sat Jun 21 10:09:49 PDT 2003

> Does anyone have suggestions on what would be an efficient way to parse
> these documents - or are the standard parsers ok for such small docs.
>
> <field>
> <text>Hello World</text>
> </field>

I'd look for a parser that handles the simple subset of XML that you're
going to use.  I don't know any right off hand, everyone concentrates so
much on standards compliance even when for a lot of uses it's overkill.
  Assuming you can find one (or someone can recommend one, or you write
one) you can easily use it with JDOM.  Just plug it in as your front SAX
parser.

Also make sure to turn parser reuse on in SAXBuilder and to use the
latest code in CVS where we fixed a bug related to that.