[jdom-interest] CVS and JDOM license

Malachi de AElfweald malachi at tremerechantry.com
Sun Mar 2 08:24:09 PST 2003

In the license:
	In addition, we request (but do not require) that you include in the
end-user documentation provided with the redistribution and/or in the
software itself an acknowledgement equivalent to the following:
	     "This product includes software developed by the
	      JDOM Project (http://www.jdom.org/)."
	 Alternatively, the acknowledgment may be graphical using the logos
available at http://www.jdom.org/images/logos.

So, I have a recommendation.... We should distribute JDOM with an
"extension" JNLP
file that specifies logo, url, etc....  we would also need to sign the
jar... then,
when someone wants to distribute JDOM in a JNLP location, it would display
the logo,
link to homepage etc.

Without this change, every person who distributes it with a JNLP
application has to
sign the jar itself -- ie: I have to sign saying that JDOM is signed by
"Malachi".

Malachi