[jdom-interest] Is JDOM dying?

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Thu Mar 13 23:12:24 PST 2003

JAXB was released last month, as part of the Java Web Services Developer
Pack 1.1 from Sun. This was probably premature - they'd done a beta
release back last fall, then nothing until the FCS release with a lot of
added code. I gather it was a date-driven release, but that's
understandable - it's been in development since 1999 and I'd suspect
some people at Sun were ready to kill it if it didn't ship soon. JDOM
may still be able to beat their time to FCS...

Unfortunately, it's not currently licensed for distribution outside of
the developer pack. This means you're stuck with a rather large download
in order to distribute anything using JAXB.

  - Dennis

Malachi de AElfweald wrote:

> Really? Ryan Shoemaker (JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker at Sun.COM>) told
> me on the JAXB-Interest list
> to go ahead and sign them for JNLP distribution myself, and the next
> release will have the jars signed.
>
> Malachi
>
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:46:48 -0800, Alexey Solofnenko
> <A.Solofnenko at mdl.com> wrote:
>
>> JAXB is not ready yet, so you cannot redistribute it.
>>
>> - Alexey.

>>> about
>>> it.
>>> 2.  There hasn't been any update to the web site in a year.