[jdom-interest] Is JDOM dying?

Malachi de AElfweald malachi at tremerechantry.com
Tue Mar 25 07:58:52 PST 2003

You are missing the point entirely.

HTML (v2, v3, v4), XHTML, and possibly some others all have the concept of
the "A HREF" tag.  Therefore, the most object-oriented
approach would be to have a single class that extends URL that serializes
itself as an A HREF tag.  It doesn't matter which of those namespaces it
uses, it means exactly the same thing.  It would be better to write a
single
class to handle it, then to write a class for each namespace that all do
exactly the same thing.

That was the whole point all along regarding this. People get off track
because
they like the way they do it and they don't want to hear any other
opinions. My
whole point regarding the A HREF thing was that sometimes you want the same
behavior
for different namespaces. Period.  Give it a rest.

Malachi