[jdom-interest] jdom-contrib

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Mon Mar 31 01:42:45 PST 2003

Hi,

JS wrote:
> Hi there Brad,
> many thanks for your reply. Indeed, I was able to download the nitely
> drop. But the jar won't build. I try executing build.bat but no response.I have Ant 1.5 installed on my C:\ant
> The ant.jar is in my classpath and I have jdom-b8 installed as well.
> Any idea what I'm missing in order to create the jdom-contrib jar file?
>
> I get a response when I enter "ant package"
> The build starts and then fails during the compile. I cant capture all of
> the ant output, but heres some of it.

You should not invoke ant directly but use one of the build script (sh or bat)
as these set the classpath required for compiling.
But this may not be sufficient...

I suspect the whole build stuff of jdom-contrib in CVS to be totally out of
date. If I remember well (if this has not been fixed), even when invoked
correcly, it fails because it tries of invoke classes that do not exist.

If this happens to you, I've attached are the build files I use. Replace the
ones you downloaded with these, remove samples/SpitfireParserDemo.java and it
should work.

Laurent