[jdom-interest] bloated RC2 files - extra white space

Abe Mishler Abe at WhiteBeachStudios.com
Sun May 4 11:23:21 PDT 2003

I did truncate after <b:c> at the bottom (way at the bottom) due to the
incredible length of the file (it grew from 142kb to over 184kb solely due
to inexplicable added whitespace.) Other files were trippling in size. I
thought I had included just enough of the file to show the problem I was
facing; my apologies for any confusion.

The problem has been solved with the addition of calling
setTextNormalize(true). I'm somewhat embarrassed I didn't think of that on
my own; I am curious as to what changes were made between versions 8 and 9
that in effect mandates this additional call to generate "normal" files
(the absence of it in 8 didn't explode my files.) Does this place JDOM in
stricter compliance with xml generation somehow? That doesn't seem quite
right. Perhaps a ... bug? ... that would seem more logical. *Shrug*, in any
case my files are slim and trim again, w00t!

Thanks for such fast responses from all who replied,
Abe Mishler
White Beach Studios, USA