[jdom-interest] JavaOne

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Sun May 25 17:21:07 PDT 2003

So who's going to JavaOne this year?  If you're someone who's been
active on this list and are going, write me a direct email and I'll
collect people and plan something.  In years past we've had a lot of fun
meeting up at conferences, putting faces to names.

FWIW, I spoke on JDOM last year but am not doing it this year.  If you
wonder why, go back to last year's list archives and read my rants about
the JavaOne speaker process.  I'm still going to attend though, mostly
because of the mix and mingle aspects of the show.  Plus I get a free
pass since I'm on an open source panel, I'm leading an Oracle Guru
session, and I'm doing a "blog" about the show.  The blog is part of a
Sun/O'Reilly shared endeavor with lots of people blogging from the
trenches.  Should be interesting.

If you live close by and aren't going, I recommend you just get a floor
pass and hang out in the lounges.  Last year I only attended two real
technical sessions, and one of those was the one where I spoke!