[jdom-interest] getChild() convenience methods

Dave Bartmess dingodave at edingo.net
Fri May 30 07:25:42 PDT 2003

OK, I've been watching this discussion for a while now.

My main question is, will the beta cycle (and possibly the alpha cycle
as well) start all over now that the API has been changed so
drastically?

IMHO, and I'm a software configuration manager, and this is more within
my purview than the actual development, this should start a complete new
cycle of testing. The API has been substantially changed, and despite
whether a particular name has been changed, a LOT of coding changes have
gone in.

I'm sorry, but for now, I'm leaving jdom at beta9 on my system, until
the current flux dies out. Having this many changes at a 10th beta is
not good, and is almost certain to cause problems, which I can't afford
at this time on my own projects.

Not to say that I'm against any of the changes, but I just feel this is
a major change, therefore needing a LOT more testing than a 10th beta
will accomplish...

--
David A. Bartmess
Software Configuration Manager / Sr. Software Developer