[jdom-interest] Problems with language-specific characters :-(

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at web.de
Wed Nov 12 01:13:05 PST 2003

Hi there!

I´m new to JDOM and I use it because I needed easy access to XML for
exchanging data. Its reall great!

I´ve a problem with language-specific characters (ä,ö,ü - dont know if
your computer can display this correctly).
They are written with JDOM correctly, but when I want to read them, I
get the following exception:

Error on line1of document file "file-path": Zeichenumwandlungsfehler
(character transformation failed): "UTF-8 encoding of character
0x001aeba5 can´t be converted to Unicode (Zeilenzahl möglicherweise zu
gering (=maybe not enough lines)).

Does anybody know whats wrong? I´ve added the xml-file in which this
error occours, of course.
I´m using jdom-beta9....

Thanks, lg Clemens