[jdom-interest] Building and XML Spreadsheet for Microsoft Excel - Office XP Prof essional

Ben Brand Ben.Brand at asg.com
Thu Nov 13 03:08:30 PST 2003

Hi all

Looking into a new project, i.e. generating a MS Excel XML compliant
document (Office XP Pro) to be used downstream for reporting purposes.

I have been playing around with it and I seem to be stumped with the
namespaces they (MS) use.

For example:

<Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
 xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
 xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
 xmlns:dt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882"
 xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
 xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

Has anyone done this before? How do I get JDOM to create these specific
types of namespaces? (or even multiple ones . . .)

Thanks in advance.

Ben Brand