[jdom-interest] problem xmlns namespace

Twan Munster t.munster at emaxx.nl
Mon Nov 17 05:46:39 PST 2003

Hello,

I have to generate a piece of xml, which is in the folowing format:
this is for generating xml-forms for cocoon.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<document xmlns:xf="http://apache.org/cocoon/xmlform/1.0">
  <xf:form view="deathcertificate/result.xml">
        <xf:group class="maintitle">
         <xf:caption>Overlijdensakte aanvragen</xf:caption>
        </xf:group>

My problem is getting the document xmlns line to work. When I use

Element rootElement = new Element("document", "xf",
"http://apache.org/cocoon/xmlform/1.0");

a xf: is placed before the document tag and I don't want that.

I also want as you can see a xf: placed before every other tag, without getting the
xmlns:xf="http://apache.org/cocoon/xmlform/1.0 attribute everywhere.

is there a way of doing this? I would be very grateful

Thnx

Twan