[jdom-interest] One less TODO item

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Oct 7 07:18:48 PDT 2003

At 12:26 PM +0200 10/7/03, Per Norrman wrote:

>This is *not* a JDOM bug. It is the SAXParser's responsibility to resolve
>the system identifier and create the input source. This seems to be
>a dark area where magic is necessary, crimson and xerces does it
>differently, and at least crimson gets it wrong.

It's not JDOM's fault, but it is something JDOM needs to work around.
XOM successfully works around it for the case of pathless URLs like
http://www.cafeconleche.org

However, I have not yet devised a workaround that can handle URLs
like http://www.ibiblio.org/xml where /xml might be a directory and
might be a filename, and you really have to ask the server to find
out which. :-(

--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
   http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA