[jdom-interest] JDOM and very large files

Daryl Handley darylhandley72 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 22:07:54 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I am trying to parse a very large file (1.3 Gb) using JDOM. I have used JDOM
before with smaller files, but never large ones. It seems like the builder
attempts to read the whole file into memory and build the document. Is there
a way to read only part of the document into memory ? I only beed to read
through the file sequentially, random access to parts of the doc is not
important. Does anyone have any suggestions how to do this with JDOM ? Java
in general ? Any other language ?

Otherwise I may have to write my own parser to do it in PERL. The document
structure is fairly simple (just huge) so this shouldn't be too hard, but I
would prefer to do it with JDOM if possible.