[jdom-interest] Large XML file

Goswami, Raj Purnendu_Goswami at csx.com
Tue Oct 28 11:59:01 PST 2003

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to efficiently handle very large XML files in JDOM?  And
also, would 5 Mb file be considered a large XML file, if the system memory
is 256 Mb.  We might need to process multiple files concurrently, so what
should be a guiding rule for doing that.  We have XML files, that need to be
reformatted to another XML structure.  If we use XSLT, am I correct to
assume that the whole XML document would be in memory?  What would be best
way then to transform one large XML structure to another XML structure.
Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Raj