SV: [jdom-interest] encoding problem linux vs windows

Per Norrman pernorrman at telia.com
Tue Oct 28 16:13:44 PST 2003

Hi,

Ok, this sounds like  a linux jvm problem. Which character encoding are you
using?
Which XMLOutputter method are you using?

As for the é stuff, JDOM doesn't do entity "roundtripping". The
eacute entity
is defined in the XHTML dtd but is converted by the SAX parser before it
reaches the
SAXBuilder/SAXHandler. If the encoding in effect does not "support" a
character
directly, it is written as a character reference, &#xNNNN;. The only
entities generated
by JDOM is <, > and &, which are predefined in the XML
specification.

/pmn