[jdom-interest] preserving linefeeds and carriage returns in transform.

Robert Priest Robert.Priest at bentley.com
Thu Oct 30 09:59:46 PST 2003

Hello,

I know that the documentation says for XmlOutputter
(http://www.jdom.org/docs/apidocs/org/jdom/output/XMLOutputter.html)

says:

"In the case where the only content between the start and end tags is
textual, the start tag, text, and end tag are all printed on the same line.
"

But is there anyway around this?
In my stylesheet I have a VBScript function :
<script language="vbscript">
        	function doSomething(test)
		  if test = 1 Then
        		MsgBox("got 1")
		  Else
			MsgBox("Got Something Other Than 1")
		 End if
        	end function
        </script>

but when I transform this with xml I get that all on one line:
<script language="vbscript">function doSomething(test) if test = 1 Then
MsgBox("got 1") Else MsgBox("Got Something Other Than 1") End if end
function</script>

I would like that on separate lines.  I know msxml2 does it. It should look
like:

<script language="vbscript">
            function doSomething(test)
              if test = 1 Then
                    MsgBox("got 1")
              Else
                    MsgBox("Got Somethin
             End if
            end function
    </script>

Does anyone have any insight as to how that can be achieved using JDOM?

Thanks in advance.