[jdom-interest] help on using JDOM

Jerry jerry_07716 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 09:14:59 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I am totally new to JDOM. Hopefully, someone can give
me some suggestion.

Currently I am working a project. I need to write a
servlet to get a binary tiff data from database and
put it tempararily in the memory(a byte array). This
part is done. Next I need to grab these data and
render it to the web browser in PDF format using JAXP
and FOP.

My question is:  can I use JDOM to build the binary
data as XML in memory(not saved in a local file
system) so that I can I can pass the XML stream
directly to FOP and render them in PDF?

I will appreciate if you can give me some advice or
you have other better approach.

BTW, my project requires everything  must be done in
memory and render the data in PDF. I did a lot of
research and not luck at all. I am a little headache.

Please help,

Jerry