[jdom-interest] SAXOutputter

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Apr 15 09:57:59 PDT 2004

At 10:49 AM -0500 4/15/04, Bradley S. Huffman wrote:

>SAX requires startDocument be called once before any other events.

Are you sure? Can you point to the language in the spec that says
that?(I really want to know, by the way, because otherwise I'm less
than 24 hours away from getting on a plane to deliver a paper that
claims otherwise)

Certainly this is true if the parser is reading a well-formed XML
document, but that's not really the case here. Something else is
going on, and how ContentHandler should behave in these circumstances
is much less well-defined.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu