[jdom-interest] SAXOutputter

Chris B. chris at tech.com.au
Thu Apr 15 10:21:51 PDT 2004

Chris B. wrote:

>> which calls startDocument like the SAX spec. says to, and a
>> output(Element)
>> which doesn't.
>>

> I on the other hand think it would be confusing to have a
> output(Document)
>
> So call it something else!!

Although I must say that it seems pretty normal for functions taking
Document to behave differently to functions taking Element. For example,
the XMLOutputter if I am not mistaken, will write the <?xml header if
given a Document, but won't if given an Element. I suspect this makes
perfect sense, as it does to assume startDocument for a Document, but
not assume it for Element.