[jdom-interest] SAXOutputter

Chris B. chris at tech.com.au
Tue Apr 20 08:07:23 PDT 2004

Bradley S. Huffman wrote:

>The biggest thing is if and when the SAX folks make a decision, if they
>choose to go with startDocument always being called before other events,
>even for fragments,

Can someone explain to me why this has anything to do with what the SAX
folks might say? If I am building a document in SAX with several JDOM
tree fragments, there is no way on earth that SAX is going to want
multiple startDocument calls.

Like if I have....
    Element e1;
    Element e2;
    ContentHandler ch;
    SAXOutputter so = new SAXOutputter(ch);
    ch.startElement("", "package", "", ..);
    ch.endElement("", package", "", ...);

Now what lunacy would possess the SAX people for demanding that
startDocument be called three times?