[jdom-interest] SAXOutputter

Chris B. chris at tech.com.au
Tue Apr 20 10:48:38 PDT 2004

Bradley S. Huffman wrote:

>JDOM already has SAXOutputter.output(List) for outputing fragments.

Anything that has start/end Document is by definition not a fragment, as
far as I can see.

>I don't think Chris's use case is a common enough

Well I can't prove if it is common, but it seems a very useful thing to
be able to do to me.

>one to warrent another
>method that does basically the same thing as a existing one.

But it doesn't do the same thing. If anything the existing output()
methods are redundant since the user can easily call start/endDocument
himself. But uncalling them is not so easy. If people are dealing only
with full Documents, shouldn't they be using output(Document)?

>Plus, there is a workaround.

Which is certainly a departure from JDOM's claim to be easy and
intuitive to use.