No subject

Fri Aug 6 17:04:17 PDT 2004

admirably constructive, open and free of the common pitfalls
of egos, tempers, posturing and stubbornness.  It's been
more about 'this way' and 'that way' instead of 'my way' and
'your way'.  I'm sure we've all seen group collaborations
that have not been handled as gracefully and maturely.

Keep it up.

In this case, can we please avoid getting into a mine and
yours analysis of how we got to this point.  It takes two to
tango, so responding to personalized positions with more
me-and-you stuff is a mistake.  One I'm sure you don't
intend to fall into.

It's all about DOMOutputter in this case and not about Brett
and Kevin.  And it's definitely not about CDATA, or
whitespace, or anything else besides DOMOutputter and the
relation between DOM and JDOM.  It would be really bad if
this event spills over to other design threads.

Brett has the burden of being the final arbiter on design
choices.  It's a hard enough job on its own.  Let's not
make it harder by personalizing the discussions.

Cheers,
KC