No subject

Fri Aug 6 17:04:17 PDT 2004

allows 'parentless' implementations. On the other hand, you will
have to roll your own Node and Element implementations.

/pmn

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Schulz [mailto:schulz at videotron.ca]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 2:45 AM
To: jdom-interest at jdom.org
Subject: [jdom-interest] Reusable JDOM Elements

Hi,

in a potentially busy server environment, I preconstruct and cache
potentially many JDOM subtrees. Comes usage time, the subtree gets cloned
and attached to a real Document, which is subsequently output to XML and
sent out.

It appears wasteful to have to clone the Elements, even if they are not
going to be changed, for the sole reason that they maintain a reference to
their parent.  It seems also to be slightly convoluted to manage recycling
of such subtrees.

Is there a good pattern or solution out there (JDOM or closely related)
which allows me to build Document trees, which are only top-to-bottom
connected or which allows to reuse the constant subtree(s) easily?

Thanks!

	Martin

---

t.com