[jdom-interest] XPath.selectNodes(doc) via Jaxen: nodes not in document-order

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Aug 16 03:26:04 PDT 2004

At 11:36 AM +0200 8/16/04, Kai Wörner wrote:
>Hi List,
>as far as I've understood the documentation, a xpath.selectNodes() should
>return a list including the xpath results in document order. Given the
>following XML:

That's not always true. Reverse axes such as
ancestor and ancestor-or-self should return their
node lists in reverse document order. However the
descendant-or-self axis you're using is a forward
axis, so that does look like a bug. It's probably
in Jaxen, not JDOM, though; so that's where it
would need to be fixed.

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)