[jdom-interest] Ids contribution does not work

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Mon Aug 30 08:09:10 PDT 2004

Dietrich Schulten wrote:
> for some reason, the Ids contribution does not work at the moment.The
> ID hashmap is always empty. In the method IdElement.setAttribute(),
> where the ID should be added, this.getDocument() is always null.

Which version of JDOM are you using? Are you sure you Elements are attached to
an IdDocument object ?

JDOM b10: I had a look at the code in CVS and it has not been ported to b10.
The method setDocument() shall be removed and the return type of setParent()
shall be changed from Element to Content.

Another possible issue is that the ids package does not override
AttributeList. As a consequence, ID attribute changes are not detected when
part of global attribute list replacements.

Laurent