[jdom-interest] Ready for 1.0
jhunter at xquery.com
Tue Aug 31 23:39:45 PDT 2004
I've just checked in the last changes I think are necessary before a 1.0
release! I encourage everyone to get the latest code either from CVS or
by downloading from http://www.jdom.org/dist/nightly/. Please test your
applications against this code and report to jdom-interest any problems
The full list of recent commits can be found at
full list of post-Beta 10 changes can be found in CHANGES.txt in the
root of the distribution.
The highlights of this week's commits are:
* Added a new lib/jaxen-jdom.jar that solves some XPath ancestry
problems introduced by the Parent interface. See the new
lib/jaxen.readme for details.
* Moved the addContent() and setContent() methods from Parent into
Element and Document directly. This re-enables method chaining that
some people missed.
* Fixed a few bugs in SAXOutputter: start/endPrefixMapping was not being
fired for no namespace, DocType was being improperly constructed,
changed to use a DefaultHandler with the dtd parser to better suppress
* Added SAXOutputter support for outputting fragments of documents with
the new methods:
* Added support in XMLOutputter for ignoring the JAXP processing
instructions <?javax.xml.transform.enable-output-escaping?> and
<?javax.xml.transform.disable-output-escaping?>. Respect for these PIs
is toggled by the Format.set/getIgnoreTrAXEscapingPIs() feature, default
* Added to JDOMFactory the methods document(Element rootElement, DocType
docType, String baseURI) and entityRef(String elementName, String
systemID). These match constructors that were previously overlooked.
Also added implementations to DefaultJDOMFactory and UnverifiedJDOMFactory.
* Fixed bug in FilterIterator that affected next() calls.
* Fixed bug in DOMOutputter regarding extraneous namespace declarations
appearing under certain conditions.
* Changed XMLOutputter to clone the Format objects when they're set/get
* Fixed bug in JDOMResult where the result list could include incomplete
results in certain situations, fixed by forcing a flush.
* Made SAXHandler.flushCharacters() protected again after being private.
It's needed for the above fix.
* Changed Verifier.isXXX() methods from private to public as it was well
argued that they're based on unchanging spec productions and can be
generally useful even apart from JDOM.
* Added support for surrogate pairs in the Verifier. (Surrogate pairs
don't yet have any special output support.)
* Fixed bug in SAXBuilder to avoid an IllegalStateException when apps
access the partial document when parse failure occurs right after the
beginning of the parse.
* Updated JaxenXPath to avoid the deprecated XPath.valueOf().
* Brought the jdom-contrib ElementScanner up to date.
* Fixed various Javadoc typos.
* Removed the build-time dependence on saxpath.jar.
Thanks to everyone who submitted patches and problem reports! We all
owe a big debt of gratitude to Laurent who submitted the bulk of the
patches and Brad Huffman who was a great help to me in vetting all the
More information about the jdom-interest